If you are interested in AVLA, the first thing you need to do is call us and schedule an Information Session, which is designed to give you an overview of our program. Qualified staff leads the discussion and explains how the program works, what you can expect from us, and what we, in turn, expect from you.
In the session we will:
- Answer your questions and give you a detailed explanation about how the monthly meetings work and what a meeting between your Supervising Teacher, you and your child involves.
- Review what you and your student are expected to do at home and how your teacher provides support to you, in addition to the other supports in place, such as learning center classes, ALEKS math, and tutors.
- Provide a detailed look the curriculum we use and how we can personalize it to meet your child’s individual needs. The program is flexible, yet still standards-based. This means it adheres to guidelines the state of California sets for each student by grade level and what they should know and be able to demonstrate mastery of by the end of the school year on the state mandated California Standards Tests.
- Review how grades and attendance are documented, our school calendar, field trips, and much more.
- Review how we implement the mandatory state testing requirements for our students in grades 2 – 8.
When you leave an Information Session, you will have a very clear picture of what we do here at AVLA so you can make an informed decision about your child’s education and make the right choice for your family.
AVLA…your child, your choice.